CMDBuild Forum

"Add attachment" button not available in process cards after migration to openMAINT-2.1-cmdbuild-3.3.1

After successfully migrated my test environment from openMAINT-2.0-cmdbuild-3.2.1 to the latest openMAINT-2.1-cmdbuild-3.3.1, I noticed that it is not possible to attach files to process cards (when I open the process card for editing, the “Add attachment” button is missing in the “Attachments” tab).

It is still possible to attach files to normal classes’ cards, so I assume that the configuration of Alfresco is still valid, after the migration.

Any hint or is there any other configuration added in cmdbuild 3.3.x, specific to processes and attachments, that I should check?

Regards,
Gerardo

Probably I found an explanation: according to CMDBuild 3.3 User Manual, the attachment tab is read-only for processes (see par. 9.7), and the only way to add new attachments to a process is to define an openAttachment widget in a human task of the process.

According to its User Manual this behavior should have been like this already in CMDBuild 3.2, while in my test environment (migrated from 3.1 to 3.2) it was possible to manage and add new files already in the attachment tab of the process, thus having a behavior still as foreseen in CMDBuild 3.1 (see par. 8.7 of its User Manual) even after migrating to 3.2.

Now, after migrating from 3.2.1 to 3.3.1, the behavior is really as described in the User Manual, and I had to add the openAttachment widget to solve the issue.

Hope it helps someone else.

Regards,
Gerardo