CMDBuild Forum

Authentication doens't work

Hello Support Team, All,

I have created the necessary service account for CMDBuild, then I have set up the auth.conf (tomcat/webapps/cmdbuild/WEB-INF/conf/auth.conf) based on the Technical manual like this:

auth.methods=LdapAuthenticator,DBAuthenticator

ldap.server.address=lds.**.corp.*****.com

ldap.server.port=389

ldap.use.ssl=false

ldap.basedn=OU=Users,DC=*****,DC=Corp,DC=******,DC=Com

ldap.bind.attribute=CN

ldap.search.auth.method=simple
ldap.search.auth.principal=cn=ni-CMDB-ldap,ou=service accounts,dc=*****,dc=corp,dc=******,dc=com
ldap.search.auth.password=*******

After the Tomcat restart we can see the following error in the cmdbuild logs:

2019-06-24 08:09:32.562 [sys:boot] INFO  o.c.w.BootCheckFilter$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$8233f796 - system running, disable boot services
2019-06-24 08:10:18.192 [req:3f521f] WARN  o.c.s.r.v.p.ExceptionHandlerService - ws access denied (unauthorized)
2019-06-24 08:10:18.210 [req:3f521f] WARN  o.c.w.RequestTrackingFilter$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$db746786 - processed request, returned error for requestId = 3f521fcd76104bd19edd07e63137673d117tlsetfe

I tried to search for log4j.conf under: tomcat/webapps/cmdbuild/WEB-INF/conf/ but nothing. Should I created it manually? I had a working CMDBuild environmnet and I didn't have to create this conf file manually.

Let me know if you need additional info. 

Thank you for your support in advance.

Hi,
You have to store all LDAP parameters in DB with the command

./cmdbuild.sh restws setconfig

then restart your tomcat to apply them.

According the technical doc, all parameters regarding ldap starts with org.cmdbuild.auth

Regards,
Oli