CMDBuild Forum

Auto Value Property

Is there any information on how to use the Auto Value Property that is found in Class > Attributes > Other Properties?

I would like to auto generate a value for the Code attribute in my class.

Have you found anything?

See the CMDBuild Administrator Manual 3.1 ENG paragraph 6.2.3:
Auto value: you can set the field value in the data Management Module according to other attributes of the form (through javascript code) CMDBuild

1 Like

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
if you have a class called “CLASS1” with one attribute colled “Attribute1” you can assign auto assign value by the following javascript

document.getElementsByName(“Attribute1”)[0].value = “some value”

By.

1 Like

Hi Curcar,

do you tested your example for Auto Value that is in Class > Attributes > Other Properties ?
Can you send me your configuration for java script ?
What are values [0] and some value in your script - document.getElementsByName(“Attribute1”)[0].value = “some value”?

And do you tested the field View rules and Validation rules ?
Can you send me your configuration for java script too?

Thank you.

1 Like

So does anyone have an actual answer for this? There is a grand total of 6 mentions over all the internet scrapped by google for “auto value” and cmdbuild.

The description in the manual is useless and this thread doesn’t contain an actual exemple.

Say I want a property of my card to be the concatenation of a property of the current card and the id of another card. What kind of javascript should I write? What’s the javascript API available?

Hi tecnoteca team, can you attach some example for javascript code.

For any one interested in this matter take a look at the topic “Calculate total number of X”

1 Like

I have that question too.
So far, here are what I have found out:

1. To set a value to a particular string, use:
    api.setValue(“Test”);

2. If you want to set the value based on another field’s value (e.g. “Description”), use:
    api.bind=[“Description”];
    var value=api.record.get(“Description”);
    api.setValue(value);

2 Likes

I just saw this post and I wanted to clearify a view thinks on that:

Validation Rules (On Attribute)

depending on the return value, the field is okay or not. If you return true, it will be fine, if you return a string, the string will get displayed as the error message.

as an example:

…
var customer = api.getReferenceCode(“Customer”);
var customerid = api.getValue(“CustomerID”);
var customerstate = api.getLookupCode(“CustomerState”);
if(customer && customerid && customerstate){
return true;
}else{
return “some error”;
}
…

then you need to do the checks you want to do… One tipp: use the return “string” for troubleshooting!

View Rules

The View Rules work nearly the same, but the return value is slightly different.

return true; = field is normaly usable
return false; = field is not shown at all
return “disabled”; = field is shown but cant be changed, useful for fields with autogenerated value.
return “enabled”; = have not yet found a difference to return true

Auto Value

You can set the value of the current field by using api.set() method:

api.setValue(api.getReferenceCode(“OtherRef”)+" - "+api.getValue(“LocalAttr”));

if you want that the Auto Value is only recalculated when there are field changed in some specific fields, you can bind them like that:

api.bind=[“Attr1”,“Attr2”];

otherwise it will recalculate on every change.

hopyfully I could help someone in the future…

2 Likes

How can i retrieve a value from a openmaint/cmdbuild db table and set to the attrribute as auto value?

Hi are you there ? I need some help regarding this topic