CMDBuild Forum

CmdBuild 3.0 - Getting message : "operation not allowed: workflow service is not enabled"

Whenever I click a link/button in the Data Management Module, I get the error message : "operation not allowed: workflow service is not enabled". I'm not using the workflow engine. When I installed CmdBuild 2.5.1 a couple months ago, I chose to install the Demo database, which I suppose includes some workflow artifacts. I think I had the same problem at the time. I think I did something to correct this, but I don't remember what. Now I've just upgraded to v3.0, and the problem seems to have reappeared.

How can I prevent this message from appearing? 

hi,

it's a known issue in the current release, it happens when workflow is not enabled, and shouldn't have any effect other than the annoying error messages.
As a quick workaround you can just enable the workflow (with river engine); this won't affect system performances, and should get rid of the error.
The bug will be fixed in the next upcoming release.
thank you,
CMDBuild Team
Thanks. I enabled River Engine in the Administration module and I am not receiving the error messages anymore. 

On a side not, just enabling the River Engine option in the Admin module, is it enough to make the workflow engine work, or is there some additionnal configuration that needs to be done?

(I really look forward to get the Technical Manual for v3...)