CMDBuild Forum

CMDbuild 3.1 Import/Export tab missing

Hi,

I've just installed CMDBuild 3.1, and started usind demo db.

I works properly but in cards I can't find "Import/Export tab": I can see only five tab rather six

thanks in advance

l

Please Tecnoteca, 

could you give me any a suggestion on this problem?

For us is really important export to csv file.

thanks
luca

I suggest you take a look at the User Manual, and in particular at the beginning of paragraph 7.3.1.
CMDBuild Team

I read it.

In "data management module", I can see only "Abilita selezione multipla".
In "admin module" in example for class Employee i can see only 5 tabs:
- Proprietà;
- Attributi;
- Domini;
- Livelli;
- Attributi Geografici

while I can't see tab "import/export".

thanks
luca

Now I’ve doing same test on your CMDBduild demo (http://demo.cmdbuild.org/ ), and also I can’t find “Import/export tab”

thanks
luca

Reading again user manual, I discovered that export/import Csv is not enabled by default:

"funzioni disponibili per tutte le classi previa abilitazione (import CSV, export CSV, ecc)"

But in Admin Module -> Classes Parameters I can't set templates for import/export csv.

It's really important for us, we use often export csv.

thanks
luca

I have the same problem. The issue is importing/exporting CSV files in CMDBuild 3.0. I want to please ask the CMDBuild team to give information about where to find the manual for how to configure CSV import/export. I cannot find the right page in the User Manual or in the Technical Manual, please give some direction about where to look.

CMDBuild 3.1 Administrator Manual Chapter 22

1 Like

Thank you for the response.

However, this Administrator Manual is not accurate for my default build of CMDBuild 3.0. I made a clean install of CMDBuild 3.0 and there is no “Imports/Exports” folder in the Navigation pane of the Administration view. Why is there a difference between the official Administrator Manual than what I see in my default CMDBuild 3.0?

Again I want to ask the question - Please give me information on how to configure importing/exporting CSV files in CMDBuild 3.0. missingfolder

The CSV import / export function was introduced in CMDBuild 3.1, so it is described in the manual 3.1 and obviously it was not in the manual 3.0.
For how to configure the import / export template and its startup task I suggest you read the Administrator Manual.