CMDBuild Forum

CMDBuild Update doesn´t work

hi there, I carried out the update exactly according to the instructions in the pdf “technical-manual”. unfortunately the web interface is no longer accessible after the update. all services are running, tomcat and DB have started. reboot of the server didn’t work either.
2020-02-25_102218 2020-02-25_102359 2020-02-25_102522

Just by the screenshots you attached it’s quite difficult to understand what the problem could be.
Could you please check the cmdbuild logs and verify that your tomcat and cmdbuild configuration files are correctly set?

Hi! I am a complete newbie. my problem is that i don’t know which logs are meant here. basically i tried to carry out the update exactly according to your technical description, but without success. can you tell me which log files you need?

In the tomcat folder there is a logs folder which contains some logs from catalina and cmdbuild, when you try to startup the application check if there are any errors in those log files (catalina.out and cmdbuild.log) and in case paste them here

Also, which version of java do you have installed and which version of CMDBuild are you trying to upgrade to?

Hi, the catalina.out shows 0 KB and it´s empty. i have a catalina log file with date. i send you both files. java version is shown in picture. i try to upgrade to Version 3.2catalina.2020-02-27.log (19.5 KB) cmdbuild.log (1.7 MB) javaversion

The problem is that cmdbuild 3.2 requires java 11 to run, you should install java 11 and try again

ok, thx i will try.

best regards andreas

Hi! the update works fine but all my stored symbols are no longer visible after the update?!