CMDBuild Forum

Create Relation Failing via API

Let me start by saying I'm a newbie at CMDBuild and only pretty new at consuming python as well, but here it goes.

I've setup an instance running on my local network and have built my classes and what I think are the domains needed to maintain the relationships between classes.

I'm pretty confident I have this part working since things work fine through the UI.  I'm trying to build some custom import utilities using the API's and my language of choice is Python.  To make life easier for me, I'm leveraging CMDBuild-SOAP-API-Python (https://github.com/mak-alex/CMDBuild-SOAP-API-Python) module.

Everything has been pretty strait forward so far in searching, updating, and adding new cards through the API.  My issue is with creating a relation between two objects.  Again, it works fine in the UI.

I have a superclass called asset and a superclass called computers based off of it.  I then have a class called servers based on computers.

I also have a superclass called networking and a class called interface based on it.

I created a Domain called HardwareInterface.  Origin = computer, Destination = interface with a 1:N Cardinality.  It's also a Master/Detail.

I first get the ID's of the two cards I want to create the relation with and then call:

create_relation('HardwareInterface','server',<serverID>,'interface',<interfaceID>)

This is failing with no details, that I can see, on why.  Please help me troubleshoot this, it's driving me crazy :(