CMDBuild Forum

Custom Pages blank and no instructions

I have just updated to 2.3.4 having seen that Custom Pages are available.

Unfortunately, clicking on Custom Pages just results in a complete empty pane on the right hand side.

Custom Pages does not appear in the Administration Module.

The manuals have not been updated since February so I am completely at a loss as to what you need to do to get this functionality working.
Are there some instructions somewhere on how to use this?

The CMDBuild manuals are updated only for “major versions”, the new manuals will be available in February.
The Custom pages” are based on CMDBuild GUI Framework and require programming in JavaScript.
We currently do not plan to prepare a specific manual for the
CMDBuild GUI Framework, but there is a remote training course available.
CMDBuild Team

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:

The CMDBuild manuals are updated only for "major versions", the new manuals will be available in February.
The "Custom pages" are based on CMDBuild GUI Framework and require programming in JavaScript.
We currently do not plan to prepare a specific manual for the
CMDBuild GUI Framework, but there is a remote training course available.
CMDBuild Team

So if I understand you correctly, you release software updates with changes in that are may not have documentation written for them for nearly a year (assuming one major release per year?)
No wonder Open-Source has a bad reputation!

Regarding no document for the GUI Framework, a couple of examples and a some simple instructions would be helpful for us programmers to get our heads around it.

Ok, so if there is also no documentation for the GUI Framework which requires JavaScript programming (surely this cries out for written documentation!) where do I get the 'remote training course' from that you mention?

Does the 'remote training course' include something I can take away in the form of documentation or am I expected to simply remember it all after attending it?

All can contribute to an open source project.
If you want to contribute to the updating of the manuals you are welcome.
CMDBuild Team

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:

All can contribute to an open source project.
If you want to contribute to the updating of the manuals you are welcome.
CMDBuild Team

You have sort of missed the point with the above statement. I've already stated that without instructions I don't know how to use it, so what could I constructively contribute in the way of updates to the manual!

If you can give me some insider details on using Custom Pages, I'll quite happily document it for you.

You have not answered the question regarding the training course.

chris.abbott, let me ask you: have you made any progress since your last post?
I am desperately looking for instructions, at least simple custom page example. I spent a few days trying, but since I don’t know what the content of the main file should look like, I can’t load the zip file.
Any information appreciated.