CMDBuild Forum

Error when importing XLSX data

Hi support, I am trying to import cca 2500 lines of data in XLSX format. Whenever I do that it fails on this error message:

org.cmdbuild.utils.ws3.utils.Ws3Exception: error processing request =< ws3rest:post:etl/templates/2056788/import >, caused by: org.cmdbuild.utils.ws3.utils.Ws3Exception: error processing request with handler = Ws3RequestMethodHanlder{service=org.cmdbuild.service.rest.v3.endpoint.EtlTemplateWs$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$8d50777e, method=executeImportTemplate}, caused by: org.cmdbuild.utils.ws3.utils.Ws3FrameworkException: error building method args for handler = Ws3RequestMethodHanlder{service=org.cmdbuild.service.rest.v3.endpoint.EtlTemplateWs$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$8d50777e, method=executeImportTemplate}, caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: missing required rest part = file

Could you please suggest how to tune the system?

Thank you very much in advance,

Petr

Hi Petr, I’m not support, but I succesfully use the import feature.
Did you attach the xlsx file to import window? (because it says “… missing required rest part = file”).
Have you used different browsers?

Hi Kvo, thank you for your suggestion. The thing is that when loading the data on a local laptop to a virtual environment it works fine but when I try the same on production environment it does not. I have done some research over last few days and I believe that it will be blocked by our security network solution… I will need to investigate that further. Thank you and again for your advise.
P.

Ok, I think the security can block not all files but some (including xlsx) - so, try to import through CSV.
And save XLSX as CSV (take care about separator - Excel can put ‘;’ instead of ‘,’ as separator of fields)