CMDBuild Forum

Few thougts while evaluating cmdbuild

Hello everyone,

we managed to install cmdbuild. But now we are not 100% sure, on the ideal usage-scenario for our situation.
We are a small it service company. Our customers are small businesses (mostly < 25 users) that use O365, AD, RDS and so on.
My idea is that cmdbuild displays the customers in a tree view. So I could then make a selection on the customer and see all of the customer’s assets underneath. So his address, employees, machines and so on.
And if I open the address, for example, I could see the employees on that specific location and so on.
However, it is not clear to me whether cmdbuild should be set up as multitenant for this or whether the “normal” installation is better suited for this.
So besides all infomation about customizing and configuration i’m not sure about the ideal usage scenario.
Can you give me some hints?
I hope I was able to make my point clear. Please excuse my bad english.

thx.

Hello Alex! Based on your description, I thing you’re referring to the Navigation Tree feature of CMDBuild, which can accomplish what you described.
In a multitenant installation every asset (configuration item) stored in CMDBuild is completely isolated from any other tenant. A CMDBuild user will need appropriate permissions for every tenant.
This configuration can be very useful if you need your employees to work only for some client and hide them any other data.
If you are a small company with similar sized clients, maybe a standard installation is best suited for your daily operations and your employees (more flexibility).

Have a nice day!