CMDBuild Forum

Help me! ASAP Installation Ubuntu 20.04 Issue!

Good morning,
I am installing version 3.2.1 on a Ubuntu with:
Apache Tomcat / 9.0.31
psql (PostgreSQL) 10.13.
JVM:
openjdk version “11.0.7” 2020-04-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.7 + 10-post-Debian-3deb10u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.7 + 10-post-Debian-3deb10u1, mixed mode, sharing)
When I try to configure the database from UI (8080 / cmdbuild / ui / # configuredb) I get the following error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: error saving config to file for namespace = org.cmdbuild.database, caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: config directory not available (check startup logs for errors)

In tomcast i putted the config direction and when i fill the database config again marks succesful, the ui loopbacks again to configuredb instead of login page. Please help me in the solution. Thanks.

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, this is the quietest forum i have ever come across. Let’s continue to hope

What version of postgresql are you using? you can use pg_config --version to get the version of postgresql. This is usually the problem as the version should be 9.5 to 10.x as per the software requirement

Have you set the java_home environmental variable? you can do this by sudo gedit /etc/environment and add the following

JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64"

In addition to checking that the JAVA_HOME variable is populated, It’s also necessary to edit the systemd service file for tomcat.
Systemd sandboxes file access and it’s necessary to place an explicit file path to your Tomcat .conf in the service file to allow access.
For example -

ReadWritePaths=/var/lib/tomcat9/conf/

Oddly, you need to create the “Shark User” on postgresql, that how I got past that error.
Do:
sudo su postgres -c psql postgres
postgres=# create user shark;

I also had to copy some files from the ready2use package in order for cmdbuild to create the “correct” db structure, but I think those steps can be skipped.