CMDBuild Forum

Help with installation CentOS 7

Hi, I want to install CMDBuild 3.1.1 and I have create a virtual machine using Oracle VM VirtualBox that has CentOS 7.7.1908 (Core) as OS. It seems from the manual and some other links I have found that before I download anything from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmdbuild/files/3.1.1/ that i need to first install Java, PostgreSQL and Tomcat. I have a few questions about the installation process as not fully clear from the CMDBuild manual (i am looking at section 3.4 of technical manual)

1. When installing Tomcat should i install the admin/web manager as well? It seems this can be used to manage the war file downloaded from above for CMDBuild install.

2.Based on setup what do I download from sourceforge,net to install CMDBuild? It seems the cmdbuild-3.1.1.sh is for a graphical install which given my setup won’t work. So do I download the cmdbuild-3.1.1.zip or cmdbuild-3.1.1.war files?

1. Once I have download one of the above what is best way to install?

2. Can i install from CentOS command line or should I run the Tomcat manager and if done correctly select the CMDBuild war file to deploy and begin installation/setup?

3. Can I access the tomcat server (http://localhost:8080) from my host machine that the guest centos VM is running on? For example, my CentOS VM has an IP and I can access GitLab from my actual laptop by using the IP address and have a bridged adapter? I will probably change port that Tomcat is using by default to a different port than 8080. I believe this can be done by updating server.xml and ensuring that port is opened on VM. Do I need to do anything else to be able to see Tomcat welcome page from my host machine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Good day,

I have tried CMDBuild or openmaint on Centos yet. Have it fully functional on Ubuntu though. Give me a little bit of time and I will try and get it up and running on centos and then send you the procedure.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi - having the same issue… any luck ??

Read my earlier post on the forum about installing onto Ubuntu on a DigitalOcean server. I don’t think the technical manual is a good way to explain installations, and the GUI based installation is a bad idea because sysadmins need command line. In my build script, you can see everything that is happening and you can edit it and then repeat it for any alterations you need.

If anyone wants to work with me to add in GIS and other modules, happy to do that. I don’t need it for my own use, but you can very clearly see what I’m doing in the build script and it’s very very easy to add to it because every line is right there, does the job, and doesn’t use any secret sauce build stuff in the background like the CMDBuild GUI stuff (bad way to go!).

@stephen.white,
Thanks for that. It would be good to add in the installation/integration of JasperReports with CMDbuild.

Also, do you have any examples on using the SOAP/REST web services and how to enable them? For example, we might want to consume these services in an external app and push some data/changes to our CMDBuild instance. It would be useful if there was a tutorial on this.

Thanks in Advance.