I’m just getting to know CMDBuild and trying to setup classes for use in our company. But I cannot delete an unused class. I get the “class has cards” error, because of the entires with status “N” and “U”. Is there a proper way to delete that class (via the webinteface) or do I have to truncate the table directly in the database first? I have been looking for some kind of trash can for deleted cards, but found nothing.
Classes that have contained data in the past cannot be deleted through CMDBuild, even when all records have subsequently been removed. This is due to the presence of historical information and related metadata that are still stored in the database.
Complete removal would require manual database cleanup operations, which should be performed with caution.
For this reason, our recommended approach is to disable the class rather than delete it. Once disabled, the class will no longer appear in the Data Management module and can be considered effectively decommissioned from the users’ perspective.