CMDBuild Forum

Ignite insallation issue

Hi,
I tried to install cmdbuild 3.4.2 on Windows following the manual in the chapter CMDBuild installation via GUI but after installing tomcat the following error appears:

Exception in thread “Thread-0” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.ignite.IgniteJdbcThinDriver
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.isDriverAllowed(DriverManager.java:558)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:678)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:229)
at org.postgresql.ds.common.BaseDataSource.getConnection(BaseDataSource.java:103)
at org.postgresql.ds.common.BaseDataSource.getConnection(BaseDataSource.java:87)
at org.cmdbuild.dao.config.inner.DatabaseCreator.cmdbuildDatabaseExists(DatabaseCreator.java:136)
at org.cmdbuild.dao.config.inner.DatabaseCreator.configureDatabase(DatabaseCreator.java:160)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.utils.DatabaseUtils.createDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:42)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.utils.DatabaseUtils.createDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:36)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.utils.DatabaseUtils.createDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:32)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.gui.GuiCommandRunner$InstallHelper.lambda$install$10(GuiCommandRunner.java:319)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) …
I couldn’t find any reference to the Ignite jdbc Thin Driver in the manual.
I installed Postgresql 12.
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance

Is there any update about this issue?
I’m stuck on this step too.

Copy postgresqlxx.jar (odbc) to tomcat/lib/
You can get the odbc jar downloading cmdbuild resources zip.

But I there is no tomcat folder at this step. Tomcat folder creates during this installation.

You can move ignite jar-files to temp dir, run cmdbuild.bat and move ignite jar-files back to lib dir

I wrote the instruction Windows 10, CMDBuild Ready2Use 2.3-3.4.2 Installation, see sections 5, 6, 7, 8.

After running command on 7th step, getting this error:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0>webapps\cmdbuild\cmdbuild.bat dbconfig create demo -configfile %TOMCAT_HOME%\conf\cmdbuild
Error: Could not find or load main class Files\Apache
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Files\Apache

Hello there,
previous error is solved. It was because of the spacing I had in WAR_DIR variable in cmdbuild.bat file. Now I am facing another issue regarding db config. It looks like this :
ERROR: must set valid ‘configfile’
running CMDBuild CLI 3.4.2 READY2USE 2.3 rev 459d04b/master (2023-07-05T08:07:44Z) (dirty)
And in my database.conf file I have this content:
db.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5433/cmdbuild_30
db.username=cmdbuild
db.password=cmdbuild
db.admin.username=postgres
db.admin.password=postgres

1 Like

Hello this issue is also solved, I had to extract my demo.dump.xz file so it became demo.dump.

1 Like

Hi! @marina.ikarina Can you please make the same instruction for Linux installation? I have the same problem on Oracle Linux 9 when running cmdbuild-3.4.4.sh install:
BEGIN installation
install tomcat…
OK
create database…
create database cmdbuild_958f demo.dump.xz
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.ignite.IgniteJdbcThinDriver
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.isDriverAllowed(DriverManager.java:558)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:678)
at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:229)
at org.postgresql.ds.common.BaseDataSource.getConnection(BaseDataSource.java:103)
at org.postgresql.ds.common.BaseDataSource.getConnection(BaseDataSource.java:87)
at org.cmdbuild.dao.config.inner.DatabaseCreator.cmdbuildDatabaseExists(DatabaseCreator.java:136)
at org.cmdbuild.dao.config.inner.DatabaseCreator.configureDatabase(DatabaseCreator.java:160)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.utils.DatabaseUtils.createDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:42)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.utils.DatabaseUtils.createDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:36)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.utils.DatabaseUtils.createDatabase(DatabaseUtils.java:32)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.commands.InstallCommandRunner.exec(InstallCommandRunner.java:167)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.commands.AbstractCommandRunner.exec(AbstractCommandRunner.java:83)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.Main.runMain(Main.java:133)
at org.cmdbuild.utils.cli.Main.main(Main.java:59)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)
at org.cmdbuild.webapp.cli.Main.runCli(Main.java:125)
at org.cmdbuild.webapp.cli.Main.startFromWarFile(Main.java:89)
at org.cmdbuild.webapp.cli.Main.main(Main.java:37)
How can I fix it?

Installing on Linux is practically no different. The installation steps are the same. I successfully installed version 3.4.3 on Linux without any issues. Well, I’ll try to write such instructions soon.

Thank you, Marina, I’d much appreciate it! Which Linux OS did you install it on? I’m trying to install on Oracle Linux 9, with OpenJDK-17, PostgreSQL 12, and keep receiving this class org.apache.ignite.IgniteJdbcThinDriver… don’t know how to move further…

At last I have managed to install cmdbuild by adding “java –add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED -jar” --add-opens option to the line before calling war file. Received succesfull message “cmdbuild successfully installed! you can find startup/shutdown scripts in dir”, HOWEVER, when I got to the main Tomcat manager page I found that the application cmdbuild is not started, and pressing the Start button I receive the error message like “ERROR - The application at the context path [/cmdbuild] did not start” :frowning_face:. During setup I located tomcat application instead of /root/cmdbuild_30/ to another dir like /data/cmdbuild/esm - 3 levels of nesting, may be this is a reason?

@marina.ikarina and ALL, thank you, finally got cmdbuild application to work, the last issue was with wrong path to JAVA_HOME variable, as it must be unset, as the first point, and second is to use the startup scripts for tomcat applications under normal user, not as root (sudo).

1 Like