CMDBuild Forum

Link between pc, network plug, network panel and switch

how can you represent the pc with a network connection. how can you continue to connect the network connection to a panel? and this then on a switch?

You can, but there’s no way you can maintain this accurate over time. Unless you can automate this or have a significant reason for it to justify it, you will be creating a ton of admin overhead to maintain this.
I’d love to hear other responses but I can’t see this being practical.

You can use protocols such as SNMP / LLDP to discover the network devices, and the devices connected to each one.
Then you can display them with the CMDBuild relations graph, applying a filter (“navigation tree”) that shows only that type of relationship.

I think you dont understand what i mean. how can i realise this szenario shown in the uploaded picture?!
what is neccessary to create this?

2019-10-24%2008_01_43-Window|690x414

If you want to display only a portion of the graph you must use a filter (“Navigation tree”).

no i want to display all the assets and connections. for example i have a pc, the i would like to show all connections, also the ways from a connected network point to a network panel to a network switch.