CMDBuild Forum

Linking area values of IFCspace to Openmaint

OpenMaint is such a fabulous piece of software ! 

Following step by step instructions of the Overview manual, I have : 
Successfully launched a BimServer installation using build 1.2 (not latest 1.3.4)
Configured connection with Openmaint
Created an IFC project of one floor of a building with 20 rooms.
Completed the steps to link the IFC project to the openmaint building class.
Got confused with customizing the import mapping xml thing and left the column blank.
I can now browse my building content in the 3D viewer.
My question is :  how do I link the area values of the IFC space elements to the openmaint total areas fields of the room cards ? 
Thanks

Hello, 

the next step you need to perform is setting up the connector from Bimserver to openMAINT. 
If you are interested in the areas of the IfcSpaces, you can try with the following steps:
1. in the Bim -> Layers grid, set the flag Container as true on the Room row
2. in the column ImportMapping of the table _BimProject insert the following xml:
<bim-conf>
<entity name="IfcSpace" label="Room">
<attributes>
<attribute type="simple" name="Name" label="Code" />
<attribute type="simple" name="Description" label="Name" />
<attribute type="simple" name="_Geometry" label="">
</attributes>
</entity>
</bim-conf>
3. switch back to the Bim -> Projects page and click on the ImportIFC button. Check the cmdbuild.log for checking the outcome of the import-connector. 
The connector will create the records in the Room class correponding to the IfcSpaces you have in the IFC file. In the gis schema of the database, you will find a new table named Detail_Room_Perimeter. In this table the column Geometry stores the geometry of the ifc space in the postgis format. 
Using those data, you can build a report that will print the areas of your rooms, or fill the Area attribute on the public.Room table using a trigger.

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

Hi,

I have followed the manual in installation of bimserver and linked appropriately as per manual however on add project when I try to execute the import IFC file it does not show any activity of uploading.
The card binding is building and have selected the building name appropriately and enabled it to root on bim layers.
Im using bimserver 1.5.76 and openmaint 2.43
I have also been able to decipher how the step 2 of importmapping.xml is inserted, I cant seem to make sense of how it is to be done or where to get that file to edit these parameters.
Someone help,

Regards,
Jonathan

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:
Hello, 
the next step you need to perform is setting up the connector from Bimserver to openMAINT. 
If you are interested in the areas of the IfcSpaces, you can try with the following steps:
2. in the column ImportMapping of the table _BimProject insert the following xml:
<bim-conf>
<attributes>
</attributes>
</entity>
</bim-conf>
3. switch back to the Bim -> Projects page and click on the ImportIFC button. Check the cmdbuild.log for checking the outcome of the import-connector. 
The connector will create the records in the Room class correponding to the IfcSpaces you have in the IFC file. In the gis schema of the database, you will find a new table named Detail_Room_Perimeter. In this table the column Geometry stores the geometry of the ifc space in the postgis format. 
Using those data, you can build a report that will print the areas of your rooms, or fill the Area attribute on the public.Room table using a trigger.

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

Hi Jonathan,

I have also been able to decipher how the step 2 of importmapping.xml is inserted, I cant seem to make sense of how it is to be done or where to get that file to edit these parameters.
Someone help,

I'm not sure to have understood what exactly you are struggling to do. Anyway, the import-mapper xml file must be edited directly from the database, in the _BimProject table. 

Regards
CMDBuild Team

Hello, 
<bim-conf>
<attributes>
</attributes>
</entity>
</bim-conf>

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

This capability in the CMDBUild Version 2.5.0 or 2.5.1 is gone. Is Right?
How to do again this capability in the latest version?

Best regards

Deni
Hello,
you can import the Area value in the corresponding field of the Room class using the same syntax you use for all the other attributes, as long as you have included it as a standard field or a property of the IfcSpace in you IFC file.

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

Could you give me a XML example for NetWallArea of IfcSpace ?
Regards
Deni

Hello,
you can import the Area value in the corresponding field of the Room class using the same syntax you use for all the other attributes, as long as you have included it as a standard field or a property of the IfcSpace in you IFC file.

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

Hello,

you can check the attached xml file.
In this case the TotalGrossArea of openMAINT is filled with the value of the property "Area" (from the property set "Dimensions") of the IFC.
You can adapt this example according to the property set and property name in which the area is stored in your IFC file.

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

ifcspace-xml (3.3 KB)

Hello,
you can check the attached xml file.
In this case the TotalGrossArea of openMAINT is filled with the value of the property "Area" (from the property set "Dimensions") of the IFC.
You can adapt this example according to the property set and property name in which the area is stored in your IFC file.

Best regards
CMDBuild Team

Hi,
I have try several times using the xml file for my IFC file, but never success. Could you share an IFC files that works with the xml file?

Best regards.

Deni

Dear Deni,

unfortunately I cannot send you the file, it is not in the public domain.
However, I can help you if you tell me where the area information is located in your IFC file. Have you managed to find out a property set in which is stored?

Best regards
CMDBuild Team