CMDBuild Forum

User input for custom view (From SQL)

Hi there

I have created a view from SQL. I have selected cmf_active_cards_for_class(character varying) as my data source function. 

Custom View -> From SQL -> DataSource : cmf_active_cards_for_class

Is that possible to allow user input for my custom view in Data Management module UI. 

Thanks

Yes it is possible, you can use the tips that are in the Administrator Manual page 58-59.
In the sample function “cmf_active_cards_for_class” you can find the input parameter “ClassName”.
CMDBuild Team

Hi there,

Thanks. But I'm looking for Administrator Manual page 44 - views based on SQL not dashboard. 

Views -> FromSQL -> my view is using cmf_active_cards_for_class as a data source. 

When I login to UI and click views -> my view, it send an ajax out without prompting me for input parameter 'ClassName'.  

Is that possible to make UI asking for input parameter ? 

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:
Yes it is possible, you can use the tips that are in the Administrator Manual page 58-59.
In the sample function "cmf_active_cards_for_class" you can find the input parameter "ClassName".
CMDBuild Team

No, I’m sorry.
You can define SQL functions with parameters but you can not use them in views (however you can in dashboards, in reports, in permissions setting, etc.).
CMDBuild Team

Thank you

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:
No, I'm sorry.
You can define SQL functions with parameters but you can not use them in views (however you can in dashboards, in reports, in permissions setting, etc.).
CMDBuild Team

Hi there, 

I have created custom View in the PostgreSQL but it doesn't show up in the drop down list.

How do I make my custom View to appear as report or anythings.
Is that possible to make UI asking for input parameter form my View in any section of that?

If you need to know how to configure a function in PostgreSQL and then use it to configure dashboard or views in CMDBuild, I suggest you read the CMDBuild Administrator Manual ENG on page 58 and 44.
CMDBuild Team