CMDBuild Forum

Was the 3.1 source code package tested before released

Hi Tecnoteca team,

Thanks for building this great product CMDBuild and make it to be open source! I can install it in Ubuntu 16 and launch it. But when I try to download source code and try to setup development environment, cannot pass through build process by the command "mvn clean install". I fixed some of them, but still stuck on the error of test module. I have to remove test module from the pom.xml and get it build successfully, please check the source code you released on the page http://www.cmdbuild.org/en/download. And the code in bitbucket is also out of date.

I am really interested in get more deep understanding on this product and would like to contribute my effort to this product to make it better. But lack of document for developer and inconsistent code management  are really time consuming. Really appreciate if you can publish more technical document, such as development environment setup, design document, etc. I think it will track more developer to contribute to this product.

Thanks!

Can I get your contact information? We can exchange information about cmdbuild。

You can reach out to me through email qiubao1@hotmail.com.
Thanks!

I would be interested in this too. We are in product analysis part and not being able to set up CMDBuild on our CI workflow, due to the fact that bitbucket code is not up-to-date, is hindering our adoption of this ‘open source’ application.

I hope CMDBuild Top Management keeps a watch on their this own discussion forum. I believe, the percentage of discussion on installation issue would be far more than any other issue. And this is a trend right from beginning of this such a great product.

But unfortunately, they keep closed eye on this critical issue. CMDBuild technical team is spending thousands of man hours on product evolution but they have no focus on making installation of product smooth and easy. They really need to learn from Liferay and Alfresco kind of enterprise solutions that how their management and technical team has made their products a big success. I have been working with those two products for quite some time. Don’t remember a single instance when I faced any challenge in their installation. Believe me even a collage pass out fresher in my team who has basic knowledge of jsp servlets, tomcat and mysql did the installation of those products without any hassle. But here for this product with such an enormous potential, one has to spend days in installation troubleshooting. It is so disappointing that CMDBuild cold not develop a simple web form wizard based installation in all these years which shall check all the prerequisites and guides a user for a smooth and trouble free installation.

We here in India, work on government infrastructure projects and and this product can be of great potential in those. But with this state of ignorance by CMDBuild team towards making installation easy which is the foremost driving factor for any enterprise product’s success is extremely disheartening.

CMDBuild team, unless you make installation of every product you have, an easy and smooth process, you will loose by great margin the rate of growth of your products.

Agree. I would consider it is partial open source. If you want to get into deep on it. You need to spend a lot of effort to fix all of the issues / bugs before you can go ahead to do evaluation. I already gave up CMDBuild and switched to other opensource EAM system.

1 Like